Sunday, January 29, 2012

Terri Stegmiller quilt in TCQC 01-29-12

This is another of the Twelveby12 gift quilts.  It didn't make the cut for the VAM exhibit because there are two of Terri's bluebirds in the Collection and I chose the earlier one from the SAQA 2011 auction.
Such a perky little bird with a very authentic beak. Notice the spiral quilting that focuses attention on the eye and the feet.  Terri has used a pieced background, something I always appreciate in a quilt of any size, and close-set vertical quilting lines on either side of the spirals.  A very effective quilting choice. 

The view of the back shows the FMQ with black thread "sketching"that forms the outline of the bird which is filled in with color on the front of the quilt.

 
A hand printed label that gives the four most important bits of info - Title, Artist, Date, Contact.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Susan Turney said...

I love Terri's work. I have one of her tote bags and have it hanging on the door. It's way to cute to put away!

Susan Turney said...

Shoot..I really should proof-read. Make that "too" cute! :)

Christine Thresh said...

Another lovely bird in your hand.
This is a charming quilt.

Susan Arnold said...

So now I know who "won" that quilt in the auction! Good to know it went to a good home, since it's not in mine!

Kristin L said...

Having seen this little bird in person I can attest that it is just as wonderful in real life!

Laura Jaszkowski said...

I love Terri's work as well. What a great style and lovely, subtle details. Thanks for posting it, Del!

Del said...

Thanks for your comment, Laura. I have the pleasure of showing Terri's "A Little Birdy Told Me" at the Visions Art Museum and, at the same time, enjoy "Watching" on my family room wall. An abundance of riches.